AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

4.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

I would like to know how do I propose a budget for a client in relation to a Google Shopping and Merchant Centre campaign. Is there a template I can use, or generally used by agencies to suggest a sustainable budget. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Budget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

A budget is defined by many factors that only the client and your research can define. Knowledge of the size of the company, amount of products, profit margin, roas requirement etc will allow you to suggest a budget.

To be honest, if you do not know the budget, than just tell the client you don't know.

Google also does not offer any tools for you to predict CPC on search terms within Google Shopping.

I do not recommend you to use any templates as it will not reflect your client.

Start with a small budget and grow the clients campaign. Once you meet all requirements and you see you can increase the budget while keeping profits, than continue the discussion with your client.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response.