AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Best way to convert manual feed to Google Sheets feed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What is the best way to convert my manual upload feed to a Google Sheet feed?

Currently I am manually uploading a .txt file, but for obvious reasons it would be more practical to just have a Google Sheet that I keep updated.

What's the best way to convert to the Google Sheet method without a hiccup?

I have about 90 products - is Google Sheets the way to go?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Best way to convert manual feed to Google Sheets feed?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Joe,

Thanks for posting to the Community! I'm not sure if I completely understand your question. You can use .txt, .xml, or a Google Sheets file to upload your product feed to your Merchant Center, which it sounds like you already know. Is your question whether it's better/easier to use Sheets instead of .txt, or is it about how to actually use Google Sheets as your feed?

Clarifying this will help us answer your question.
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

My question is - if I'm currently manually uploading my files (every 30 days), but instead I want to switch to Google Sheets - what's the best way to do this?

Part 2 is whether Google Sheets is best to use for a 90 product feed where updates only happen once every week or so?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Change mydatafeed.txt to .csv open it in your Spreadsheet editor. Copy the contents.

Than go to Google Merchant create a new data feed with the option selected to use Google's spreadsheet. Than paste the contents in there.

Once you have done this make sure you delete all old data feeds. You can only have one data feed for the exact same product.

You will get an error that the id's already exist in another data feed, but you can simply ignore this. As long as you have done the steps above.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’