AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Badly need help in shopping campaign

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Stalwarts of Adwords

Hope it's all good, except for the fact that I am struggling to get the shopping campaigns going!. I got data feed ready in all sorts of formats imaginable, CSV, txt, Google spreadsheet and what not. To make things easy I cut down the number of items from 1000 to 10 so that once I get it right I will include the rest. Did I get it right? No. I am done with 50 uploads at least in the last 2 days.

Apart from the attribute and value errors, what is disturbing is the following message for 1 target location "The item was previously uploaded using a different feed. Please make sure to use the same feed for all uploads of a given item". What if I do not have the original feed that I used? Is there any way I can clean up the entire thing and submit afresh so that I do not get the above message? Badly need to know these gentlemen.

I have read most articles in Google Support, so it would be nice if I am directed to those please.

Anticipatory Thanks

Ritu

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Badly need help in shopping campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ritu
Welcome to the community.
We've all been where you are now, so don't fret. You've got the advantage that you are now familiar with the interface Smiley Happy

Starting with 10 items is actually a good strategy, especially when you're just learning.
I can promise you this, it gets easier.

First thing I would do is clean up your merchant center account. You're not running any ads (I assume?) so let's start from the beginning.

I can walk you through everything if you like.

Step 1 - Delete all your feeds in MC (don't delete them off your hard drive!). Let's start clean.
Step 2 - Upload a TEST feed to make sure your feed is in the correct format and there's no errors.
Step 3 - When you get confirmation that your feed has no errors, upload a regular feed.

I find it easiest to work with Google spreadsheets/Sheets for MC as it allows easier editing.
Let me know when you get to that point and we can continue.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Ritu

First things first, uploading a feed. The feed name must always be the same, not necessarily the content. 

In a feed, the ID value must stay the same. 

The name must stay the same.

All other values in attributes, new attributes etc can change.

I would try to reduce the number or image/link changes, but this is not compulsory, just advisable. 

So for instance

mydatafeed.txt with ID 1234 title my first items title description my first item description etc...

If you upload a fresh feed with all the data the same, but the name is different, you will be alerted of the error you have stated " "The item was previously uploaded using a different feed. Please make sure to use the same feed for all uploads of a given item". As this would then be removed from this feed, as you can register more than one feed on your account.

It is best to set a test data feed, upload there and iron out any issues you are having there first. Once this is up and running, you can then upload this as a real data feed and then set up your Merchant Center & Adwords link.

If you need any specific help fixing the issues, then please let me know and detail the errors you are receiving and I will help where possible.

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks a lot Dave and Tom for the quick revert. Coming to uploading, I do delete the previously uploaded feed before doing a new one, still I get the above error message I stated in my question of items being submitted from diff feeds, are these not contrary events when I delete the earlier feed?

THIS IS HOW FEED LOOKS LIKE (caps is just to make it clear)
Id Title Description google product category product_type Link Price brand condition image link mpn age group Gender Size Colour pattern Availability shipping Custom_Label 0 Custom_Label 1 Custom_Label 2
1234 Kids toys kids toys Apparel & Accessories > Clothing > Traditional & Ceremonial Clothing toys abc.com 52 abc brand New image.link 8045 Adult Female Bust size upto 44 Green, Mint Green Stone Work, Resham Work, Flower Patch, Lace in stock GB::16 GBP toys Kids toys plastic toys

Thanks in anticipation

Post: I have search campaign running and also created Shopping campaigns, just waiting for the green flag in the merchant account.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Ritu

How long after you delete the first feed do you upload the new feed?

Like I have said before, it is always better to upload the feed with the same name and simply "overwrite" the current feed. 

What are the errors you are receiving exactly and we can further guide you?

Tom Wilson

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Tom, it is almost instantly that I delete one feed and upload new one, but now I have deleted the feed and have not uploaded any in the last 3-4 hours, so there are no feeds according to me but under data quality I can still see an error message (Error type- invalid images), when will it be cleared as I have deleted the feed now?

The errors that I ve been getting are mostly correctable like 'too many attributes in shipping', missing attribute' and the likes. Those I can manage but ones that are perplexing are those that stay even after feed been deleted. So shall I wait for the dashboard to clear (clear the graph showing disapproved items) before I unleash(!) my next feed or how exactly should it go from here?

Thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tom_Wilson (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Again,

Ok, when you delete a feed, it can take up to 24 hours for all items to be removed in some cases. The data quality screen can actually take some time to update, I myself have experienced items that have actually shown as disapproved still showing three days after being re-approved. However, when I click within the warning I am shown values such as re-approved or deleted. 

Do you have these?

The best thing to in the meantime is upload the feed under a test feed, leave registering a new feed for at least 24 hours to allow all items, history etc to be deleted. 

Once you have corrected the errors in the test feed, upload this as a new feed.

The when verifying the success of the feed, check the feed outcome status first. This will show you the problem with that exact feed.

If this shows clear, then click the data quality and view this up with the actual feed you have uploaded and see if these warning are valid. 

Tom Wilson

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ritu P
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Tom I do not get 're-approved' when I check the product overview graph, I guess this is because of the invalid image message under data quality, so I am sure the graph has to disappear, sooner the better. I think you have helped me where I go wrong- frequently deleting and uploading is where it all happened. That's because I thought all this happens instantly. Waiting for a day or two could have made things slightly easier. Cant thank you enough for the suggestion Tom, it was wonderful talking to you.

Thanks again

Top Contributor Alumni
# 9
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Ritu

You are very welcome.

Please let me know how you get on and if I can be of assistance any further.

Tom Wilson

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Sure Tom, will keep you updated.

Cheers