AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Average Bounce Rate for Google Shopping Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

What is the average bounce rate for Google Shopping ads?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Throughout AdWords, there is no such thing as a meaningful average. In your case the most important aspects are the landing page experience, price, and how well your product fits the search query. 

Also, bounce rate might not be meaningful - if someone visits 20 pages because they are trying to find what they want but can't find it, that isn't good.

Sales are what count.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Also comparing between text ads vs shopping ads, you will see that shopping ads will have a higher bounce rate, which is very normal. And I agree with Rob, bounce rate is not important. However if it's above 85% then I recommend checking your submitted data as this may indicate that your relevancy is poor. Meaning the submitted product data does not correctly describe the product and misleads the users expectations.

Hope this helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your insight guys!