AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Availability date attribute

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have just switched from PLA to Shopping and when I have uploaded my datafeeds I am now getting warnings on the Availability Attribute.

We used to show "Available For Order" but now I have read the new guidelines I see that this is no longer allowed.

We order most of the goods in from the manufacturers and email all our customers within 24 hours to give them a delivery date.

As I understand the guidelines I should now show "In Stock" as the availabilty as it says

'in stock': You’re currently accepting orders for this product and can fulfill the purchase request. You are certain that the item will deliver (or be in transit to the customer) in a timely manner because it is shown as available for sale, i.e. it’s in stock or available for order.

I don't want to get it wrong and be penalised, can someone just confirm that I'm right and do I have to put a notice on every product page (Over 20,000) saying that it is available to order?

Thanks, I'm a bit of a novice, only just mastered PLA and now it is all change.

Andrea J

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Availability date attribute

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

there is no on-hand physical inventory?

what is a typical delivery time frame?

the availability_date attribute is mainly for preorder items --

for example, a video-game with a scheduled release date.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Manufacturers take anything from a couple of days to upto 6 months, unfortunately it's the nature of the trade style. We get a date from the manufacturer and the customer can choose to wait or cancel. We've been doing this for 14 years. I just want to make sure that I don't get in to trouble with Google for saying "In Stock" when actually it's "Available For Order" As I read the guidelines it should be OK but I want to make sure
Thanks
Andrea J

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

" order most of the goods in from the manufacturers and email all our customers within 24 hours to give them a delivery date."

" upto 6 months,"

does this mean that the delivery supply-chain
is from the manufacturer directly to the buyer?

are all items available for order but not kept in your stock?

generally, neither supply-chain would fulfill the new in stock requirements.

currently, what exactly is indicated on the
website in terms of a delivery time frame
on the link landing-page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
We do keep some items in stock but it is very fluid.
All items are supplied by us not direct from the manufacturer.
Basically everything is available to order.
We have a page on the website which explains this to our customers but I could add a note to all the landing pages to the effect
"We hold stocks of some items but owing to the large range of items available not everything is held in stock. We will email you within 24 hours to advise you of of when the goods will be ready for despatch"

If I put this on all landing pages can I then show the item as "In Stock" as that does include items "Available for Order"
Thanks
Andrea J

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
yes, in stock now includes available for order.
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494#availability

the availability information on the link landing-page
must match the availability submitted to google --
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2700318

see also
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2796528

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Celebird
I will read these links and make sure that I comply with the requirements.
I've never posted here before so I will try and give you star as you have been most helpful.
I think you are in the States so greetings from the UK and many thanks
Andrea J