AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Automatic item updates due to incorrect prices

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have recently started my merchant center account with google adwords,I had already gone through help center of merchant center also through comnplete help center of adwords,but was not able to get suitable answer. I have an e commerce website where I am selling shoes with different sizes and for every different shoes prices are different and also I am using google sheets to upload the products. Please help me why my products are getting disapproved and how to correct them because in feed I can only mentioned 1 amount.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

For each variant a unique page must be submitted. Essentially the price, title, image, description etc... in the data feed for the given product must match that of the variant on the landing page.

So if you are submitting 1 link for a set of variants and the pricing are all different, than this needs to be changed. Depending on the eCommerce platform you are using there might be tools or plugins for you to change this. We might be able to give you better directions with more info on what eCommerce platform you are using.

If it is not possible to submit a unique link per product than only 1 main product can be submitted that matches exactly that of the landing page. In other words, remove all variants.

This does mean you are at a disadvantage, as submitting variants will give you more opportunities.

Hope it helps. 

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Automatic item updates due to incorrect prices

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am using google sheets to upload my products.Also it is a single page
where there is a drop down for sizes and once user will select the
size,page will be refreshed and MRP will get changed automatically.

I hope it helps!

Thanks

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Think of it this way.

You have two sizes

Size Widget A $12.95

Size Widget B $15.00

You submit both with the same page. This means that when Google crawls your page for Widget B it's going to see the price for Widget A. Google can not trigger drop downs as this is called client side changes.

You need to ensure the landing page, is identical to the product submitted a drop down to change size is a client side action.

You need to talk to your web developer to generate unique url's for each variant product. If you explain this, they will most likely understand. If not by all means point him to the forum and we will explain the technical side.

Technical Side : A query string in the URL can be used to define a variant, upon which the landing page server side scripting will understand the variant and display the correct widget for the correct widget query.

For example :

https://example.com/my-product/?size=widget-a

https://example.com/my-product/?size=widget-b

Each URL will show the correct pricing and all other attributes.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’