AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Automatic item disapprovals due to policy violation and can't figure out why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, Just starting my first ad campaign.  Loaded all the products and they all approved except one that was still web crawling the pictures (normal as new).  Realized I had one product worded in a way that wasn't quite accurate.  The product is a "waterproof Bluetooth speaker with LED flashlight".  I originally worded it as "Waterproof Bluetooth speaker wtih LED light"  I realized the LED light sounded more like it lit up in color (as there are many that do), flashlight is more accurate.  It approved as LED light, but was automatically disproved as LED flashlight.  I did change the wording in the description a little as well, but can't see where the issue could be?

Any help?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
1 month ago

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

To find the reason of the violation go to Google Merchant Center > Product > List > click on your product > at the top it will say the disapproval reason.

You can also check the diagnostics for any issues.

Make sure that all submitted data follow's Google requirements, which can be found here: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112?hl=en

As we are forum members, we can not look into your data, providing detailed information of what you are submitting in the data feed, many allow forum members to guide you in the right direction.

If providing further info, is not possible. Then please contact Google directly here: https://support.google.com/merchants/contactflow

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
1 month ago

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

To find the reason of the violation go to Google Merchant Center > Product > List > click on your product > at the top it will say the disapproval reason.

You can also check the diagnostics for any issues.

Make sure that all submitted data follow's Google requirements, which can be found here: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112?hl=en

As we are forum members, we can not look into your data, providing detailed information of what you are submitting in the data feed, many allow forum members to guide you in the right direction.

If providing further info, is not possible. Then please contact Google directly here: https://support.google.com/merchants/contactflow

Hope this helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried clicking on all the links it gave but it just led me to a list of policies. and the above disapproval desription  I took flashlight out of the mix and it approves.  Makes zero sense!  Apparently google does not believe a portable Bluetooth speaker can also be a flashlight?  Or that somehow the word flashlight is offensive?

Perhaps a better algorithm needs to be written guys - whatever - LED light it is - which is more misleading to customers - but apparently you like that better so what's a guy to do?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

In my experience, with Shopping disapprovals, support are much more forthcoming with the exact reason for what is wrong.

So asking is often the way to go.

Re: Automatic item disapprovals due to policy violation and can't figure out why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
More often than not they have not been able to tell why an item has been disapproved. I have more than one product variant of the same item disapproved when everything but the color is the same as the approved items. If there is an automatic disapproval all it will say is the item has been automatically disapproved.

Re: Automatic item disapprovals due to policy violation and can't figure out why?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Not all items are checked every day or months or even in a years time. Hence why you get random products being disapproved. Disapprovals should be taken as a reference to check the whole account for the specific violation. If Google does not explain what the violation is, then in most cases they do not want this information available tot he public. This to avoid merchants finding ways to circumvent violations. Yes it is annoying and may be unfair. This is something every merchant has to deal with and is part of advertising.

If you provide in-depth information about the product you are trying to submit, we forum members may be able to guide you.

Hope this helps.