AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Automatic item disapprovals due to policy violation - I can't find out why ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

hi, 

I am checking through my merchant center account as I have a few product disapprovals.  The reason I think is because they are skincare products, and they are lumped in with Pharma products!  

Anyway the problem I have struggling with is what is the actual disapproval reason?  Google States: Automatic item disapprovals due to policy violation

But I cannot find 'actual reasons' for this policy violation.  When I go to the link on Google policy (after searching google for the reason) i don't get anything specific. 

I think it is because of the ingredients.  But I am not 100% sure.   There appears to be no phone number for Merchant Center policy violations, and I don't want to send a review request just in case it is another reason. 

Can anyone shed light on where to look? or what to test/remove from products?

Automatic item disapprovals due to policy violation - I can't find out why ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Here's the policy page regarding advertising health care products: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031

From what I've seen on the forum, Google is very picky with anything medical-related being advertised. There's a section in that article to apply for advertising healthcare products on Google. You can also use the google help chat in the Adwords interface, they might be able to provide a better explanation of the disapprovals.