AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Automatic item disapprovals due to policy violation - I can't find out why ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

hi, 

I am checking through my merchant center account as I have a few product disapprovals.  The reason I think is because they are skincare products, and they are lumped in with Pharma products!  

Anyway the problem I have struggling with is what is the actual disapproval reason?  Google States: Automatic item disapprovals due to policy violation

But I cannot find 'actual reasons' for this policy violation.  When I go to the link on Google policy (after searching google for the reason) i don't get anything specific. 

I think it is because of the ingredients.  But I am not 100% sure.   There appears to be no phone number for Merchant Center policy violations, and I don't want to send a review request just in case it is another reason. 

Can anyone shed light on where to look? or what to test/remove from products?

Automatic item disapprovals due to policy violation - I can't find out why ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Here's the policy page regarding advertising health care products: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031

From what I've seen on the forum, Google is very picky with anything medical-related being advertised. There's a section in that article to apply for advertising healthcare products on Google. You can also use the google help chat in the Adwords interface, they might be able to provide a better explanation of the disapprovals.