AdWords
7K members online now
7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Automated Rule to adjust my shopping CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I currently have a rule set up that ups the default bid on my Shopping ad groups when there are little or no impressions on them. This, however, does not adjust the Max CPC bid on the product group which is really what I want.

The default bit doesn't mean anything to me it is really the Max. CPC that controls each product.

Is there a way of adjusting that within a rule?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Automated Rule to adjust my shopping CPC

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David, I'm not sure I'm fully understanding your question as there is no "default bid" in Shopping, only the Default Max. CPC.  I think you're looking for a way to control CPC bids at the individual product level and if this is the case you'll need to look at Scripts rather than Automated Rules.

Unfortunately, Shopping Campaigns have a different hierarchy to "normal" AdWords Campaigns and addressing them with scripts is therefore a little more complex, but it is certainly possible to adjust bids at the product level once with scripting.

https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/examples/shopping

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply. Yes that makes sense.

In the image below you can see the default bid at £1.00 and this is the one that gets incremented but unfortunately this does not apply to anything as it is the Max CPC that needs to be incremented.

adword.gif

I will have a look into scripts as you suggested.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

the default-bid for the ad-group is the max-cpc
for that group -- for shopping-campaigns, if the
default-bid-max-cpc is changed, only an added
product-group will receive the change.

currently, automated-rules are not available for product-groups.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave, thanks for bringing up this issue.

I am having the same difficulty where I would like to created Automated Rules to control the bidding but while the Ad Group bids are changed the Product bid remains the same. If it were possible to leave the product group bid empty so that it would use the default Ad Group bid like on search campaigns that would solve the issue.

I hope this is a function that gets added to shopping campaigns soon.