AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Attribute list with more than 1000 products Ad Group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have a category of products with more than 1000 products and I would like to get them in an ad group shopping campaign list in Adwords. Google Adwords adds automatically the products for the first 1000 and the next ones does not. Is there any way to add all the products without doing it manually? Can I upload a csv file adding the missing products (they are in Google Merchant)? Or I should cluster them in a specific category with less than 1000 in order to not have that problem?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Attribute list with more than 1000 products Ad Group

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi there,

I'd suggest clustering them into categories, so you can create themed and less number of ad groups in AdWords. Also helps in clear reporting Smiley Happy

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Sumanth, you are right and I agree with you. However, I want to analyze more than 1000 products per attribute so I could see the whole picture and I can't conceive that Google compel users to enter them manually. Having the products uploaded in Google Merchant with their IP, I guess it must be a solution. Perhaps by downloading a csv and uploading with the missing products in the ad group, but I give me an error...

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Adria,

By functionality, Shopping campaigns allow Product Groups to be created based on the Product Feed structure in Merchant Center. If you notice the drop down (that allows you to create groups) you'll find Product Groups based on your Feed structure. If you've categorized your feeds accordingly, you'd be able to create Product Groups easily. Else, we'll have to take the painful route of adding them manually. However, downloading a CSV and uploading with missing product ID's is giving me an error as well. I haven't tried doing it this way, so I'm not too sure of the solution. Lets wait to hear from experts about uploading missing products.

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sumanth,

Looking again at google support and testing a bit more I found that we can add more than 1000 products per attribute manually. That seems the only way to do it as there is no option to do it uploading in a file.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

a major point of shopping-campaigns is to divide product inventory into
dimensions to enable bid strategies that take advantage of product-groups --
such as bidding higher for suits over raincoats or lower on brand-a vs
brand-b or using the custom_label attributes to bid on a rather small

specific subset of outliers such as best-selling or low-margin items.

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494#cl0

therefore, 1000 is the current limit.

however, a bidding strategy centered mainly around
assigning a separate bid per item is nonoptimal and
may lead to more issues as the inventory size increases.

more generally, ad-groups for shopping-campaigns are mainly for
assigning promotional-messages to a specific group of products --
rather than for implementing bid strategies or to group products.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrià I
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Celebird, I see your point and agree with both of you. Clustering through categories is the goal but in the initial step where I am now, I want to list them into large categories and through the time, get them into small groups. Anyway, I guess the idea is solved.