AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Attribute Colour or Color?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have used the attribute Colour for my products yet I have an error report looking for color do I need to change the spelling?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Rebecca,

Good question. The spelling in the Products Feed Specification is "color", so I recommend that you use that spelling. It's possible that Google has started to enforce the spelling more strictly and that's why you're getting the error now when you didn't get it before.

Here is a link to the Products Feed Specification: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?hl=en

Best,

John

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Data feed attribute names are ether all US grammar or all native grammar and never a mix.

I recommend for simplicity to use US Grammar for whichever country you are targeting, as the attribute grammar does not effect any data feed quality or ranking.

hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’