AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Anyone else found Shopping Campaigns to give worse results than PLAs?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I find that no matter what I try, my PLA campaigns do better than my shopping campaigns. Anyone else experience this? We are in the retail sector, selling mostly white goods.

Regards

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Anyone else found Shopping Campaigns to give worse results than PL

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi @J_Leicester 

You cannot run both PLA's and shopping campaigns. 

These will in affect be competing against each other. 

Make sure you pause the PLA's after you are certain you are happy with your Shopping Campaign set up. 

If you currently have attributes names adwords_labels or adwords_grouping, you may wish to change these to custom_label_ attributes.

You can read more on these here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3455481?hl=en-GB

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, I've run them on their own, not in competition with PLAs and found them to produce worse results.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have noticed this very same thing

PLA gave us about 1 in 9/10 return
Shopping is giving us 1 in 4/5 return.

- Switched over in May

Im racking my brain, I gone through most of the optimisation areas; neg kw/schedules/bid management/segmentation of product targets (currently have 73) - to make sure everything was set up properly and still its not improved

Would love to hear about other people in the same situation and on their experiences, I know Google Shopping can work, I'm just racking my brains as to why it performed so poor compared to the old PLAs that we had running

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
what steps were used in the conversion?
how did the targets compare to the groups?
what changes were made to the data submitted?
has a person at google been contacted directly?