AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

After updating the merchant's Business Website URL, does Google re-evaluate product feed URL?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are changing our domain name. I updated the product feed, but at first, forgot to update the Business website URL under Business information. Google said the domain names don't match, so I updated the domain name under Business information to match that of the product feed, and re-uploaded the product feed.

Google is not showing that the product feed domain name now matches that of the business - it still states, a day later, that for all products: "URLs do not belong to your website".

Do I have to wait, do I have to re-upload the product feed, or is there something else I need to do for Google to re-evaluate the product feed?

1 Expert replyverified_user

After updating the merchant's Business Website URL, does Google re-evaluate product feed URL?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Have you verified the domain, simply changing it will not do.

You need to upload a simple html file to verify ownership.

If the warning is in the diagnostics tab, you can ignore it. The message that is important is in your Feed. To find that message go to Products > Feeds and click on your feed.

Check here if the feed has any errors

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: After updating the merchant's Business Website URL, does Google re-evaluate product feed URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My website is verified and claimed. As it turns out, my last upload I did after updating the Website setting, was performed in Test mode, as opposed to Standard mode. This may have been my mistake.