AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords showing products from a website that I was just on.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am building a home so I spend a lot of time on home department store websites. Once I have let their site, I get google ads that have the exact some product I was looking at. How does this work?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 2
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi @Damon H

They are running a dynamic remarketing campaign which allows showing ads to previous visitors based on products/services they've viewed on the website.

You may read about dynamic remarketing campaigns here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3124536?hl=en

Hope that helpsSmiley Happy

Regards,
Eva

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Damon,

The practice of this types of advertising is called Dynamic Remarketing.

Use dynamic remarketing to show ads tailored to your site visitors

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

It involves remarketing (cookies identify people who visited that site and ads are served), and a product feed (a list of products typically used for Google Shopping) combined.

It is very powerful. You can control how often people see the ads, and you can exclude people that actually purchased, and so on.