AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Advised approaching on Shopping Max CPC bidding and Enhanced CPC

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm looking for some advice please on how to approach setting bids in Adwords for Shopping campaign subdivisions.

I have Ad Groups based on specific product categories, and within these I then subdivide (using custom labels) by whether the product is a gift set or standard product, and then subdivisions within these by product price brackets (again, created by custom labels).

With the above, I was initially contemplating starting with a low bid that is the same across the board, and then raising bids after a week where 'Search Impression Share' is low, particularly for higher value products. However in light of having products with varied pricing, and with the facility to bid on specific price brackets, should bid differently for each subdivision, particularly for the price brackets? For example, does it make sense to start off with a higher bid for a higher value product, even if there is there is a chance I could get a good position with a lower bid?

Any thoughts and advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the Bid Strategy is set to 'Automated: Enhanced CPC', as there are a large volume of products, and the preference is for bids to be automatically raised and lowered based on performance to generate the best possible ROI.

Does Adwords raise and lower bids behind-the-scenes with Enhanced CPC? Or will I actually see initial bids changed in my actual Adwords interface from what Google has determined?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christian G
May

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Your bidding should be based on return of investment, however as in the beginning you would not know what the bid should start. Is to ensure you bid high enough to get enough traffic to start seeing results. Each niche and merchant is different, so me telling you how much you should bid is not great advice.

What I recommend is to bid high enough to get traffic, than based on data such as ctr, search lost, return of investment make changes.

Enhanced CPC is indeed a good option, to know more about it please read here : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2390590?hl=en and here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2464964

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christian G
May

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Your bidding should be based on return of investment, however as in the beginning you would not know what the bid should start. Is to ensure you bid high enough to get enough traffic to start seeing results. Each niche and merchant is different, so me telling you how much you should bid is not great advice.

What I recommend is to bid high enough to get traffic, than based on data such as ctr, search lost, return of investment make changes.

Enhanced CPC is indeed a good option, to know more about it please read here : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2390590?hl=en and here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2464964

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Emmanuel,

"however as in the beginning you would not know what the bid should start" - very true, thanks for this and the other pointers.

Would you mind clarifying on Enhanced CPC please - "Does Adwords raise and lower bids behind-the-scenes with Enhanced CPC? Or will I actually see initial bids changed in my actual Adwords interface from what Google has determined?" (The help guides aren't clear on this, so some clarification would be good).

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

You can see all bids in your account, such as search terms, reports, avg bids etc... Lots of different ways to see it. If you mean will it change the max cpc, no.

Hope it helps.