AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Advertising policies for Google Shop and Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

I have found the rules on the general policies on advertising on tobacco related products (my area of interest) at least for adwords... But I am unsure whether these also counts for the Google Shop and advertisements from Google Shop in the search results. Does anyone know anything about differences in these policies?

Best regards

Laust

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Laust K
September 2015

Re: Advertising policies for Google Shop and Adwords

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Laust

Google Shopping does not permit sale of tobacco or related products, however, you can find details of policy regarding tobacco and related products in regards to shopping here - 

Tobacco Policy

Although Adwords and Google Shopping policy can be very similar, it is always best to double check each to ensure you are not in any violation.

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Laust K
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Laust

Google Shopping does not permit sale of tobacco or related products, however, you can find details of policy regarding tobacco and related products in regards to shopping here - 

Tobacco Policy

Although Adwords and Google Shopping policy can be very similar, it is always best to double check each to ensure you are not in any violation.

Tom Wilson

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tom

It looks very similar to what I expected... When Google Shop policies are broken where should I report it ? I suspect it is a different place than adwords.

I have three times reported violations on these rules - latest one week ago - both from Adwords advertiser and Google Shop. I am not to familiar with how long it takes for these new policies to be followed even though I have noticed that one of the searches have resulted in that Google have moved the Google Adwords from the sidebar to below the search results but still kept the ads from Google Shop.

Thanks for your help - appreciated - if you know something about timeframes before Google takes action on violations I would really appreciate that as well.

Best regards
Laust

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Laust

You are welcome. 

Violation Report

Time frame can vary, this will depend on many factors, being investigation needed, contact between Google and the user in question etc..

Tom Wilson