AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Advertising Policy - Gaining an unfair advantage - multiple ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have been curious lately about an Etsy seller who luckily, I guess, has multiple (from 3-8) ads showing on the first page of many search queries. The remainder of the ads are from other Etsy Sellers and outside of Etsy and the ads are limited to one each of those sellers. When I dug in a bit I see the multiple ads I am questioning have the same photo but different titles and slightly different worded product descriptions. The price and size variations for each add are exactly the same. So essentially, they are listing the same item three times in an effort, I am guessing, to be found in more searches. I believe this may be allowed on Etsy but it seems to fly in the face of Google's rules around gaining an unfair advantage and gaming the system. Would love some perspective on this.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Advertising Policy - Gaining an unfair advantage - multiple ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Check this discussion from earlier today about the same topic;
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/Clarification-on-Double-Serving-Ad-Poli...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you. I posted there. The ads are not coming from different accounts. It is one item listed and described in multiple ways so as to be displayed more times but the price and size variations are exactly the same in each listing making them the same item.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Michelle R;

I asked a colleague who specializes in Merchant center to reply on the other thread.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’