AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not showing up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am running some ads and checking if they show up when I search for the exact term. They did not.

So I contacted the support per chat. The person there I had to increase the bid so they would show up. This sounds a little bit fishy or even scam for me, since nothing under the search term showed up. Why do I have to increase the bid if there is no competitor on that search term?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads not showing up

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Banads

You can use Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool to check if everything is ok your your ads/keyword. The tool should point it out the reason why your ads are not showing, if that's the case. Check here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704363

You can find under "Tools" menu inside your Adwords.

Also, don't search for your ads directly at google, this counts impressions which can harm your campaign results.

If you're getting impressions and clicks, do not worry about "seeing" your ads. It's fine not to see them once in a while.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Re: Ads not showing up

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
As this is posted under PLA's I think @leandrofm is slightly wrong.

Maybe I'm misreading the message.

But you can't use Ad Preview for Google Shopping, only for Google Search, which would only show maybe a maximum of 6 products.

To analyze if you are getting impressions is to use as Leandrofm suggest to use the Diagnositics tab > view > shopping, search terms etc....

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’