AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not showing for expensive keywords ? but do for low cost ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi , I have a really big issue with my google shopping account. Basically i used to rank extremely well and for my best sellers and pretty much had the choice to turn up the bid or lower it either way i would decide where i wanted to be. But have massive problem now. 

We recently upgraded our navigation and site but this meant we had to pretty much start again with new links as the whole sitemap was changed. 

I then have followed my normal procedure but my ads are not showing even after a few days now , the weird thing is they show for less competitive keywords but not for my money makers. The very strange this is they dont even list anywhere ?? 

Please help on this as i have staff that rely on my business and without this revenue stream we may have to look at job losses in the short term. 

To clarify , we are showing no problem for non popular keywords but no showing for popular ones ? 

All our ads are optimised ,  have organic text , titles , and bid high so this is why im screwed. Has there been a change to what google read to show ads ? 

Re: Ads not showing for expensive keywords ? but do for low cost ?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

James,

Just to be Clear. You are are Talking about Google shopping Ads with take feeds from your Merchant Shopping Center. PLA's were retired earlier this summer for the New Google Shopping Campaigns and I assume you upgraded. Google Shopping itself is not run by "KEYWORDS" rather the product name, descriptions, etc in which the Google algorithm along with Bid Price determines the position of the ad

Set up Shopping campaigns for Product Listing Ads
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3455481?hl=en

When you say they are not showing - how are you judging that - A Live Look for your product or via impressions?

With Google Shopping you view details with the DIMENSIONS Tab and drop down into Shopping and sort by Category, Brand, ID etc..

If you better products are not showing in Google Shopping, You need to optimize your feeds better and jack up those Bids. It's not the same non competitive environment it used to be

But based on the ambiguity of your statements above, I also assume you might be talking about actual Textual ads..??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi Eric,

I am sorry i did not make it that clear, its google shopping and all updates are in place , we litterally do not seem to show up now for our most profitbale keywords , its litterally like google have made changes and we are not ticking the boxes.

im having someone cross check our feed as it must be that , as bids are unbeatable to be honest just to see if it was bid.

im totally confused.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
James,

I have noticed Algo changes myself in the last 2 weeks or so, As to dissecting what they are I have some clues, but I would not share them in a Public Forum, as I am competing in the Google Shopping space as well Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

You say you have made changes to your website? It is possible that the ranking was not transferred when changing links. Google shopping takes allot more into there ranking factor than just title, description, price, bid. It also has allot to do with your landing page.

Did you 301 redirect all your old links to the new ones?