AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Additional Images Links

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

At the first time,

For some products, In Google Merchant Center I have provided up to 4 additional_image_link.

Example :

Inline image 2

When we look in the GMC ,we can see those additional images and it appears Google has crawled them properly and the images is valid.

But in Google Shopping, those additional images are not there! All that shows is the primary image_link.

At the second time,

we also provide some additional images, but GMC said that those additional images are not valid 

Inline image 1

the link value is right, why and how to deal this problem.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Additional Images Links

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yes that is very possible, additional images are not always shown in Google Shopping, this depends on allot of factors such as category, search query, etc...

There is unfortunately nothing you can do to force them to show additional images other than making sure you have no data feed errors.

Can you supply an example of your second issue, so we can advice you on this.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Additional Images Links

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
*At the first time,*

For some products, In Google Merchant Center I have provided up to
4 additional_image_link.

*Example* :

[image: Inline image 2]

When we look in the GMC ,we can see those additional images and it appears
Google has crawled them properly and the images is valid.

But in Google Shopping, those additional images are not there! All that
shows is the primary image_link.

*At the second time,*

we also provide some additional images, but GMC said that those additional
images are not valid

[image: Inline image 1]

the link value is right, why and how to deal this problem.

Additional Images Links

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I think you miss understood my first reply or I did not correctly explain it. Regardless of, if you have added the images successfully, it does not mean Google will use these images. As indicated before, these are optional images and not guaranteed to be sued. This depends on allot of factors not known publicly and is at the discretion of Google's Algorithm.

If you read the first paragraph of Google's documentation, it clearly states Additional images can appear to potential customers, it does not say will

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324370

So if you have successfully added the images, and your additional images are not showing up on ads, than there is nothing you can do about this, other than ensuring you have added all required data attributes accurately. Even when you have added these values accurately, it still does not guarantee additional image listing.

The images you are adding in this post, I can't see it. Not sure how your trying to add images on the forum, but its not working.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’