AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Added an additional feed & now my previous products are missing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a data feed going, which had two products in it, but recently launched a 3rd product. I created a new feed that had all 3 items, but my account gave me a warning, so I deleted the new feed (still leaving the old, approved feed) and created a separate data feed for just the one item. The data feed with the two items is still in my account as approved and my new data feed with the one item is in there as approved -  however in the Products tab, it is only showing the one item from the new feed. So where did the other two products go? Does that mean they are no longer showing in Google Shopping? 

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shannon S
September 2015

Re: Added an additional feed & now my previous products are missin

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Shannon, 

Creating the second feed with all three items under it added the new item to your account and also moved the existing two to the new feed. So deleting that feed would lead to all 3 items being deleted. 

Any upload of another feed containing id's for items under an existing supersedes the first.  The registered data feed will still show within the datafeeds tab, until that is deleted. 

So, if you still have the first feed containing the original items, you can either upload this along with the second feed containing only one item.

However, the best practice, would be to only have a single feed and add and remove items from that though. 

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Shannon

Yes, you can go ahead and delete the two other feeds, leaving you only with that feed containing all three items. 

All statistics based on an item ID should stay with this product, assuming you do not change the item ID.

Tom Wilson

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Shannon, 

Creating the second feed with all three items under it added the new item to your account and also moved the existing two to the new feed. So deleting that feed would lead to all 3 items being deleted. 

Any upload of another feed containing id's for items under an existing supersedes the first.  The registered data feed will still show within the datafeeds tab, until that is deleted. 

So, if you still have the first feed containing the original items, you can either upload this along with the second feed containing only one item.

However, the best practice, would be to only have a single feed and add and remove items from that though. 

Tom Wilson

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Tom!

I created a new feed with all of the items in it, and that brought back the previous items into my Products tab. So am I safe to delete the previous two feeds I uploaded now that the current one contains all of them? Or will that also delete the data of the impressions/clicks etc that those products received?

Thank you.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Shannon

Yes, you can go ahead and delete the two other feeds, leaving you only with that feed containing all three items. 

All statistics based on an item ID should stay with this product, assuming you do not change the item ID.

Tom Wilson