AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Product Data Feed Setup Questions

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
  • About to set up my first data feed for a client 
  • After reading the guidance, understand pricing is a data field
  • Is pricing mandatory? Can the data feed be set up without pricing?
  • Can some products have pricing and some not?
  • To have pricing, does all the product pages on the website need pricing displayed to meet guidelines?
  • There are ~150 products for the client, how long do you estimate it could take - min and max in time?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply and assisting me and the community in future. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

1) Pricing is mandatory, all products require a price. If you can't submit a price than do not list the product

2) Yes the product information submitted in the data feed must essentially match the landing page for (price, title, description, image, availability, condition)

3) When products are submitted it can take up to 5 business days for products to be approved.

I recommend reading all policies and requirements before you submit a feed. Submitting inaccurate or policy violation products may result in a account suspension. As you are going to handle the data for your client, you are responsible for knowing the policies.

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112?hl=en

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6149970?hl=en

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: AdWords Product Data Feed Setup Questions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Emmanuel. Yes of course. 

Does the data feed need to be the entrire product list for the clients products on their website? 

I know they do not want to put pricing on ALL their products on their website but do want to on a sample segment - maybe 10 products of their 150 products. So can I implement a data feed in these circumstances or is the data feed unable to segment like this?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You can list from as little as 1 product, regardless of how many are on the website.

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Excellent, so it's just a delimited .csv with the required data in, providing that is within the Guidelines and the product has pricing on its website page all good?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

No, you need to read the product landing page requirements here : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/4752265?hl=en

A side note, read the data feed requirements here : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112?hl=en

Hope it helps.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Emmanuel, very helpful and have a great day. 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I create my feeds in Excel, but submit them in tab delimited .txt format. As Celebird said, csv is not a supported format.