AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Account warned for violation of feed specification: generic or dysfunctional landing pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had this error on my account " Account warned for violation of feed specification: generic or dysfunctional landing pages"". I even escalated the case to merchant account team. but they not giving me exact answer i am struggling with them please anyone can help me with error this is my website URL : https://www.alldeal.co.uk/

Regards

Shelly

2 Expert replyverified_user

Account warned for violation of feed specification: generic or dysfunctional landing pages

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

1) Make sure you remove all popups that obstruct the flow of seeing the product information. Currently you have a popup to sign in which is not allowed as per landing page requirement. You can view more info here : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/4752265?hl=en

2) Looking at your products, it seems like you are drop shipping, which is not allowed as per Google Policy. You are required to stock all products in your warehouse. This is most likely the main issue, as all drop shippers have the same generic content. Which tells Google you are drop shipping, hence why the violation.

3) On the contact page, it is recommended to add a contact form

To resolve the main issue, make sure to stock all items in your warehouse, not a 3rd party and that you write quality content.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I think "generic" is the key word here. Your site looks like it has nothing original except for your logo. Combined with the drop-shopping, and your address in Cyprus. 

Writing unique descriptions of products and having unique images of them would help.

Otherwise your type of site is something that can be made with little effort, which means there are many just like it, which means it is generic.