AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended but don't understand why

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

Our account got suspended for policy violation. They claim that online purchases are not available which I don't get at all since we are an online store. I've been trying to contact support since friday for them to reevaluate my account or get some more helpful information as how to remedy the situation but no luck yet.

I thought the first warning e-mail was a hoax since the claim didn't make sense and contained a suspicious looking link. Not sure how this forum works but is there any one who could provide any kind of help it would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

www.nordicnative.se

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Because you are forcing customers to sign up for a 20% discount before they can view the product landing page. This is not allowed.

Remove all popups that obstruct the flow of buying the product.

You are also blocking users from checking out from people certain or all other countries. You are not allowed to use any geo or IP blocking. Anyone visiting the shopping ad, regardless of where they are located must be able to buy the product.

Also I recommend that you read the policies, to make sure you understand all requirements. 

https://support.google.com/merchants/?visit_id=1-636493599081964323-2600039838#topic=7259123

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6149970?hl=en

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Thank you for your answer! Is it not allowed to have a popup even though you can choose the option of not signing up and just continue as a guest like we do? We are not forcing but encouraging.

Our AdWords campaign is set to target only Sweden so our ads should only show in Sweden. We are not blocking any countries but we are not offering shipping to all countries.

Thanks again!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

As mentioned in the previous post, popups that obscure product information such as title, image, price, description and buy button is not allowed.

Please read : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/4752265?hl=en

What you can do is, place the popup in the corner with no page blackout and no obscuring the product information.

If you want to advertise on Google Shopping, you are not allowed to block access to the checkout based on user location. Regardless where your ads are targeted, you need to be able to buy the product from any country.

If you do not offer shipping to other countries, than simply do not list the ability to ship to other countries. Blocking it the way you are doing is not allowed.

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for all your help!

Do you know who reviews the site when we have fixed the problems? I haven't got any answers on my email to support but I guess they're busy.

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Google's Review team does that and may take up to 5 business days. Be sure to have read the policies, check your website and resolve all other standing warnings and errors to avoid any further delay and or risk of permanent suspension. Repeat offense of the same or other serious violations, may result in a permanent suspension.

It is advised you resolve issues first, before asking them to review the account again.

Hope it helps.