AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Account Terminated for No Valid Reason

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Last week I created a Google Adwords account for the first time to run ads for my online business. I uploaded a few products to my feed (4 shirts) and they've been stuck in "pending" for a few days now.

This morning I awake to an email from Google saying that my account is suspended for violating Adword's advertising polices. A few hours later, another email followed saying that my account is permanently terminated.

HOW ON EARTH CAN I VIOLATE ADWORD'S POLICIES IF I HAVEN'T RUN A SINGLE AD?!?! This is so unfair, all I did was upload a few products to my feed and I've been waiting for them to get approved. How can I violate ad policies if I haven't even created an ad??? PLEASE HELP!!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@wesam s

Google usually don't permanently terminate account and usually give a chance to appeal.

I believe something must be fishy about your business model. Also, your image says that you are related with some cryptocurrency.

Sunil, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile  Rmotive Services
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

You need to follow Google Adwords and Google Shopping policies before you submit products. Not after.

For future help, always read the policies for the marketplace you are going to join before you do anything.

However there is nothing we community members can do for you.

I recommend you do the following :

Read the policies, fix everything you need to be fix. Than contact Google directly from the link below. But please be polite and explain to them that you failed to read the policies, but you have done so now and resolved all issues. Explain what issues you fixed.

If they do not hear you have done any effort, than the chances are even lower.

Maybe they can lift the suspension. But 99% of the times, it is permanent and nothing can be done about it.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7218750

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appealed already and roughly an hour later I received an email saying that my account is permanently closed. I am selling clothing with cryptocurrency logos/designs on them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I followed all their guidelines and read through the entire product specification guidelines before submitting products I the merchant center.

I have no idea what needs to be fixed, I don't even know where to start. They provided no explanation as to what triggered the suspension.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

When they say it's permanent, than there is nothing you can do about it.

You will need to find other advertising platforms.

I wish you the best of luck.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’