AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

About Shopping Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Which is The Best way to Divide Shopping Campaign Ad Groups,How Many Products are Recommend To Include One Ad Group, We Have Around  30000 Products But Daily am getting Impressions Around for  5000 Products ,Help me to get some good results.

2 Expert replyverified_user

About Shopping Campaigns

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

In my experience it's always best to divide Shopping campaigns in the most specific way you can, obviously this depends on what information you have in your Merchant Centre.

So let's say I was selling pencils. I might have product groups for red pencils, blue pencils and green pencils. You could then go even further and segment these into large and small. This would allow me to look at specific search terms and add those that aren't relevant as negatives.

Ultimately my point is that there is no downside to segmenting your products as specifically as possible, as long as you still have all your products being advertised.

Hope this helps,

About Shopping Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks For your's Valuable Response.

Like As you Said Above Pencils example, we have 3000 products in one category with the name cosmetics ,in this Category we have three sub categories called face cosmetics ,lips cosmetics ,eye cosmetics. These all 3000 products included in one campaign,but here problem is i am getting the impressions for only top 100 products which are in list.so how can i overcome this issue...3000 products in one ad group is this best practice??

About Shopping Campaigns

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

I recommend segmenting them down to between 100 and 200 products, as otherwise you can not really improve the campaign.

You could add a custom label with best sellers vs normal, than segment your current setup further with custom labels.

But ultimately you would want between 100 to 200, otherwise you can't see what keywords are triggering which group of products, and can't see how you could look at a list of 3000 products and check each one for bidding in one ad group.

I recommend looking into custom labels, that would be a good method.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

About Shopping Campaigns

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I would separate the 'Cosmetics' category into these three ad groups:

- Face Cosmetics

- Lips Cosmetics

- Eye Cosmetics

If you feel that some products aren't receiving the traffic they should, you can try upping the Max CPC.

Remember to check the impression share to be certain of how much of the traffic you're seeing.

One thing to keep in mind is that if your Merchant Centre is fairly new, it can take up to two weeks to start seeing the maximum amount of traffic, as Google's systems have to study your Merchant Centre and decide how best to service your adverts.

Re: About Shopping Campaigns

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

generally, a set of bidding strategies should be determined -- first.

shopping-ads are part of highly competitive, dynamic, advertising auctions.

typically, the more narrow and focused the (auction) strategy the better.

normally, the bidding strategies should be based on the overall marketing
budget, short-term business objectives, and longer-term business goals.

for example -- bidding higher, with specific bids, on only best-selling
eye-cosmetics, only for the holiday-season, with the most appropriate
negative-words for those auction items; based on the narrow objective

of selling more best-selling eye-cosmetics during the holiday-season.

then, decide how to add specific feed information and create the

specific campaigns, ad-groups, product-groups, and their related

options and settings, to best accommodate the bidding strategy.

then, a best-practice is to carefully inspect all performance data,
over time -- with the intent of possibly changing ad or feed details,
based on the data meeting or not meeting the stated objectives,

with respect to the auction results over days, weeks, and months.

About Shopping Campaigns

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

For a 30,000 product feed, you probably should be running multiple campaigns and filter the feed into each campaign.  Then make good use of the five Custom fields Google provides, build your taxonomy around that.  Make full use of Ad Groups and Product Groups to enable highly structured bidding.  You may also want to make use of multiple priority level overlay campaigns, to constrain ad spend on the poorest-converting products and focus it onto the best-converting or higher margin products.