AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

4.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

About PLA Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can i add keywords for my PLA campaigns like other AD campaigns?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lancy z
September 2015

Re: About PLA Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Lancy,

Shopping campaigns function around product groups not keywords. (Product Listing Ads campaigns are now upgraded as Shopping campaigns. All regular Product Listing Ads campaigns will stop serving ads after September, 2014.)

From the help center article.....Shopping campaigns use product groups to select which products you want to bid on. In the “Product groups” tab, you can subdivide your inventory into customized product groups using any product attributes (category, product type, brand, condition, item ID, custom labels) you choose -- and at any level of granularity. The products within the product groups you don’t subdivide remain in an “Everything else” product group. You then set bids for each product group depending upon your campaign goals.....

Find more information here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3455564

But you can use negative keywords at the ad group level of a Shopping campaign to limit the searches for which your ads will show.

https://support.google.com/ds/answer/4601299?hl=en

Hope this helps,

Deepak

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Lanzy

To add to the information already provided.

As stated previously, keywords are not used in the traditional sense in Shopping Campaigns, instead use the data from within your uploaded feed along with a achievable and competitive bid.

For this, it is important your titles and descriptions are rich in informative text and hold data that will be relevant to the product in order to return a search. Optimising your datafeed would be the preferred approach if you feel you are losing out in searches. Although negative keywords are something to look at, for me, I believe a accurate datafeed, which holds only information that is descriptive of the product and is strong in quality can provide more accurate and less inaccurate results.

If you perform these changes to your actual product pages, before exporting your datafeed, this could also benefit you within normal text ad's along with organic search results.

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Lancy,

Shopping campaigns function around product groups not keywords. (Product Listing Ads campaigns are now upgraded as Shopping campaigns. All regular Product Listing Ads campaigns will stop serving ads after September, 2014.)

From the help center article.....Shopping campaigns use product groups to select which products you want to bid on. In the “Product groups” tab, you can subdivide your inventory into customized product groups using any product attributes (category, product type, brand, condition, item ID, custom labels) you choose -- and at any level of granularity. The products within the product groups you don’t subdivide remain in an “Everything else” product group. You then set bids for each product group depending upon your campaign goals.....

Find more information here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3455564

But you can use negative keywords at the ad group level of a Shopping campaign to limit the searches for which your ads will show.

https://support.google.com/ds/answer/4601299?hl=en

Hope this helps,

Deepak
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Lanzy

To add to the information already provided.

As stated previously, keywords are not used in the traditional sense in Shopping Campaigns, instead use the data from within your uploaded feed along with a achievable and competitive bid.

For this, it is important your titles and descriptions are rich in informative text and hold data that will be relevant to the product in order to return a search. Optimising your datafeed would be the preferred approach if you feel you are losing out in searches. Although negative keywords are something to look at, for me, I believe a accurate datafeed, which holds only information that is descriptive of the product and is strong in quality can provide more accurate and less inaccurate results.

If you perform these changes to your actual product pages, before exporting your datafeed, this could also benefit you within normal text ad's along with organic search results.

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.