AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

API access fails with "401 Login required"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm in the process of setting up API access to Google Products. 

So far, I have

1. a verified merchant account,
  2. an OAuth2 Client ID for an installed/native application (with client ID 1055046914708-nqsq03isi7tntv68gp7unis5270qups0.apps.googleusercontent.com),
  3. granted my own user administrative access in the Merchant Center, as well as
  4. granted (what I presume to be the Client ID user) 1055046914708-nqsq03isi7tntv68gp7unis5270qups0@developer.gserviceaccount.com administrative access in the Merchant Center.

Using the PHP API client, I authenticate using the JSON keyfile as follows:

$client = new Google_Client();
$client->setAuthConfigFile('/path/to/key.json');
$service = new Google_Service_ShoppingContent($client);

Yet, API calls such as

$service->products->insert($merchantId, $product, ['dryRun' => true]);

...fail with the following output:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Google_Service_Exception' with message 'Error calling POST https://www.googleapis.com/content/v2/101033890/products?dryRun=true: (401) Login Required' in /path/to/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/Http/REST.php:110
Stack trace:
#0 /path/to/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/Http/REST.php(62): Google_Http_REST::decodeHttpResponse(Object(Google_Http_Request), Object(Google_Client))
#1 [internal function]: Google_Http_REST::doExecute(Object(Google_Client), Object(Google_Http_Request))
#2 /path/to/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/Task/Runner.php(174): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /path/to/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/Http/REST.php(46): Google_Task_Runner->run()
#4 /path/to/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/Client.php(590): Google_Http_REST::execute(Object(Google_Client), Object(Google_Http_Request))
#5 /path/to/vendor/google/apiclien in /Users/christian/Projects/imusic/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/Http/REST.php on line 110

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: API access fails with "401 Login required"

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

generally, a login-required message indicates that either the

tokens/authentication are not being properly handled or, the

user did not properly grant permission to the application.

however, the question should likely be addressed within the
content-api forum -- the content-api forum is currently here:
https://developers.google.com/shopping-content/forum/

Re: API access fails with "401 Login required"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, I'll post the question there.