AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

A more relevant product is not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I got two slightly different products (Coffee Mugs) in my Google Shopping Feed. For example their titles are:

1) I Love To Go To The Supermarket And Buy Me Some Delicious Food Mug

2) I Hate To Go To The Supermarket And Buy Me Some Delicious Food Mug

The only word difference in the title is Love and Hate, the product titles are also longer than 70 characters. I have two shopping campaigns. The Love Mug is put inside the campaign with "High" priority while the Hate Mug is set to the campaign with "Medium" priority.

Now when I perform a search query like: "I Love To Go To The Supermarket And Buy Me Some Delicious Food Mug" my Love mug can not be seen in the shopping results at all but the Hate mug is visible. Only if I put my store name in the search query or if I use a more unlogical search query will I get to see the Love mug.

Does anybody know why this happens and how I can fix it?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Add negative keywords to your campaigns. "love" in Hate, and "hate" in Love. 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Your setup is slightly wrong.

Both products need to be in medium and high priority campaigns.

In High priority you exclude phrase keywords love and hate.

Than all search terms that match love or hate will end up in the medium campaign.

Do not exclude keywords in medium campaign.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’