AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

A basic Shopping Campaign question from a newcomer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After spending several hours watching UTube videos and reading about Shopping campaigns, I still need hopefully a simple answer to a basic question.  (All the Tutorials I found were for business with possibly 100's of product variations)

I have 9 products of my own manufacture, only 4 for specific to USA.   I have only setup ads for the 4 USA products.  My business has been around for a few years and is not going to get more complicated. 

In Adwords I want to be able to enable/disable and have all other settings specific for each ad.   Right now the 4 ads are part of an Ad Group and its not obvious to me how to simply enable/disable individual ads and set CPC limits per ad.

Should I set up 4 campaigns ? or please advise the simplest way to setup adwords Shopping for a business with only 4 products.  Thank You.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can enable disable a product, by submitting the value in stock or out of stock in the data feed, which will take effect in 24 hours.

If you need quicker results, you can filter down the segmentation of the product lists down to the Item ID, than exclude the specific product you do not want to advertise for.

Splitting up 4 products in 4 campaigns can be done, but you will be splitting up all the data. Also managing all the little details will get allot more complicated.

I recommend have 1 Campaign, create your ad group and segment them into items by clicking on the plus sign next to all products and choose from the drop down item id. Than add all items.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: A basic Shopping Campaign question from a newcomer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank You,   I also wished to be able to see (at a glance) the stats on each product, not stats for the AdGroup

Also, I can't thank anyone on this forum - it says I don't have permission or I need Java.  I would prefer not to have Java because its a buggy unsecure utility that needs constant patching.   ( I do IT security audits for banks in my real job)

Would I be able to thank people if I was in chrome 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You can create reports for each item id in the report tool at the top of the menu. Still you can create a setup which allows you to do your job best.

I would however suggest to create 1 campaign than 4 ad groups. To other readers, this is not recommended as an industry standard, so do not do this if you have a wide range of products.

There is no such thing as java on this forum, however javascript is required to have certain if not all forum features active. Java and Javascript are completely different and does not relate to the java security issues you read in the news. But your reply is a thank you enough Smiley Happy

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’