AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

403 Error, Xenon connected to the source server to transfer a file, but couldn’t find the file.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

Everything used to be normal, and nothing has been changed. But just out of sudden, the product feed cannot be fetched by merchant center anymore. 

403 Error, Xenon connected to the source server to transfer a file, but couldn’t find the file.

Has anyone got this issue before? Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Have you checked the URL can be fetched, is it responding to a 200 header?

Do you have any encoding issues.

I recommend checking the data feed for any errors.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This happened to me yesterday also and has continued today. I checked the URL using https://redbot.org and it's perfectly available (this service checks for HTTP problems and things that may restrict access). 403 error makes no sense. It is a new feed but formatted the same as our original feed, and contains different products - there is no problem with the data, but that's not the issue here.

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 11:56:31 GMT

Server: Apache/2.4

Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=15768000

Set-Cookie: LoginCredentials=c92bcc4342ea667c6556dfc601b270040d2e2538e846f0f

77e090fdd0b78a3ec; path=/; HttpOnly

Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT

Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-

check=0

Pragma: no-cache

Set-Cookie: LoginCredentials=951e4c63ca78e2f204fa4ae1cf88ecf8d481847bcf33b1b

50497ee4d68af7992; path=/; HttpOnly

Vary: Accept-Encoding

X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff

X-Frame-Options: sameorigin

X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block

Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100

Connection: Keep-Alive

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Content-Type: text/plain;charset=UTF-8

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

As we like to help each issue, without any details or samples it's not possible to provide helpful advice. Also note that each merchant has a different issue, even if its based on the same topic. Please create a new thread with data feed url and other information so we can assist.

As we can't see account information, we can't help other than saying check the feed or contact Google.

Alternatively if you can't supply more details is to contact Google by going to Merchant Center and click on Feedback in the top right corner.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Emmanuel. The Merchant centre seems to push users here for support so I'll go back and try the Feedback link.