AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

3 ERROR: File not found w/ Google Sheets

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the feed spreadsheet in Google Sheets using the same Google account. The file name matches the feed name.  When I try to "fetch now" on the feed, I get:

Global feed issues
3 ERROR: File not found..
Failed to locate file. Please make sure the file exists.

• The sheet can be accessed throughout, even using links in merchant account.
  • I tried deleting and re-creating the sheet 
  • No rules
  • Feed settings:
Encoding: Autodetect; Delimiter: Autodetect

Fetch schedule - Daily

Default currency - US Dollar

Products->Diagnostics page shows:  "Looking good" on all three columns

Help!
1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Create a new data feed and choose, create new google sheet template. Than copy the contents of the old sheet to the new one. This should fix the issue.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.  I did this but it did not help.  Waited 24 hours for review - still showing "not found"  ... it is not showing any other error.  It's as if it can't see the file even though it's there and the permissions are right.

Google says this is a system bug on their end, but I need solutions for my client!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Alternatively use a data feed plugin or management tool that exports the data. Instead of using a spreadsheet.

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Update:  Ended up just using manual upload.  No resolution from Google.  They were happy to just keep rejecting our feed without any more explanation.   They added a help page for the sheets->feed setup, but it is missing critical information.  I provided feedback.  Maybe some of this will help someone else someday.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've got exactly the same problem. But when I tried to upload manually it rejected all my products saying they were duplicated. Grrrr! I've spent 4 hours on this today. What a waste of life.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same issue here today! I'll try the manual upload, hopefully it works!

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Make sure the file is shareable, go to the document top right corner, share to public and try again. This should work.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ah! Thank You. Shame Google can't mention this on the Merchant Center