Optimize
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Discover how to select who is eligible to be in your experiment, and when they’re served experiment variations.
Guide Me
star_border

What page to use as Targeting URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I just got signed up and wanted to try out A/B testing.

I added a URL for the Editor page, where I have a section with a call-to-action area including a link to a contact page. I've setup a basic variant showing a linked button instead of the original text-link. Set this to 50/50% variants.

I'm not sure if I've done right here...

Should I use the URL for the contact page in the targeting area or should I use the same URL that I use for the Editor page?  Will the clicks on the link/button register themselves or do I actually have to enter the Targeting URL (URL to my contact/landing page) as seen below?

When
Determines when the experiment is shown.

Evaluate on page load
Additional conditions

1 Expert replyverified_user

What page to use as Targeting URL?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

What you probably need to do is to set a goal in Google Analytics (see https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1012040?hl=en) for the "contact page" since this seems that is your objective (you probably want to make people find that page more easily).

On Google Optimize, your targeting should be for the same URL that you used for the editor page, since this is where the variations will be triggered. Normally the editor should have set that up for you, once you edited a variation.