Optimize
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Discover how to select who is eligible to be in your experiment, and when they’re served experiment variations.
Guide Me
star_border

URL Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Implementing in the Shopify platform:

1. Editor page URL resembles: https://checkout.shopify.com/1234567890/checkouts/1234567890abcdefghijklmn

...where the last serial number is a cart id, which is fine for selecting elements and creating variants. Leaving the cart-id off gives you a 404 so you *have* to include it to use the Variant-builder plugin.  BUT... (see #2)

2. "Targeting" automatically adds a "When" rule: "URL matches" with the full URL above, which is only good for exactly one person's cart (via aforementioned cart-id). If there was an "OR" operator you could still logically work around this but the only logic operator is "AND".  

So I'm stuck either with being able to create Variations because with an Editor page that is too specific to create appropriate targeting rules, or an 404 for the Editor page which doesn't let me create variations. 

Thoughts?

URL Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I stand corrected: there is a way to remove the default Targeting URL in the editor, it does not show on screen for very long URLs.