AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Optimize
2K members online now
2K members online now
Discover how to select who is eligible to be in your experiment, and when they’re served experiment variations.
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting new users only

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I read the following article on how to target new users using the "time since first arrival" variablehttps://support.google.com/optimize/answer/6283425?hl=en&ref_topic=6283433

I am looking to display my variant *only* to "new" users - ie, users who have not yet visited my site. Users who have seen the variant should continue to see it for the life of the experiment so they have a consistent experience.

So, my question is: if I set "time since first arrival" to "less than 60 minutes" (as in the example on that article), does that mean that after 60 minutes on the site, if the visitor were to refresh the page, they would see the control (instead of the variant)? Or will users continue to see whatever variant they were initially exposed to for the life of the experiment?