Optimize
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Discover how to select who is eligible to be in your experiment, and when they’re served experiment variations.
Guide Me
star_border

How to track view by Tag manager when implement a/b testing by Optimize?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I want to use Optimize to do an A/B testing in which I test the effect with different images. I want to track the image view and click by tag manager.

For the variant version, the Optimize will load the original version first and replace it with variant. But We can't catch the moment when the original will be replaced completely and show the variant. So we can't track the variant view when the variant show up. Does anyone have ideas about the tracking view problem?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

It'd be great to hear what Google would recommend in this situation. Why don't you just track the click? Using custom JavaScript in GTM, you can have an event fire on the click of the image. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your suggestions, we can track the click by element clicks. Actually, we are doing slidable banners  a/b testing on homepage, so we want to track the view and click then calculate the CTR to compare. So you have other suggestions about tracking the view?