AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Optimize
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Discover how to select who is eligible to be in your experiment, and when they’re served experiment variations.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Optimize set to target 100% of traffic, but targets 50%

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, Hope someone can help to resolve an issue on Optimize targeting.

I have an experiment set up with "Percentage of visitors to target" set to 100%, and "Weighting of visitors to target" set to 50%/50%.

I target using this regular expression: /afkopen-pensioen-bv.*

The experiment has been running for 2 weeks and the Optimize report shows that the amount of Experiment Sessions is 276, split across 140 sessions for the original and 126 for the variant. That's roughly a 50/50 split, so that's ok.

However, Google Analytics tells me that during the time the experiment has been running, the pages that match above regular expression had 524 unique page views. So the experiment sessions (276) are about 50% of the total unique page views (524), instead of the 100% that I specified.

Is this a bug in Optimize, or is there something else I should do to get 100% of the sessions being part of the experiment.

Cheers, Jaap

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jaap v did you find a solution for that problem? I have the same issue - my experiment is olnly running for one day so maybe it's normal for that short amount of time? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭