AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Optimize
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Discover how to select who is eligible to be in your experiment, and when they’re served experiment variations.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Optimize - Targeting AdWords Ad Group Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good afternoon,

I'm attempting to target a specific ad group with an Optimize landing page test.

My AdWords account is linked to Optimize, and everything appears to be set up correctly, including the "Targeting" section which maps the test to the ad group audience.

That said, I'm still getting this "incomplete step" error on the dropdown:

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 4.28.25 PM.png

I'm unable to launch the experiment because I can't figure out how to complete this "targeting" step, even though all my targeting looks to be set up.

Thank you,

David

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Optimize - Targeting AdWords Ad Group Issue

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

In order to start an experiment, you need to create at least one URL or Path targeting rule, or the experiment will attempt to apply transformations to every page that has the Optimize snippet installed. Simply create a new targeting rule, select URL, then create a URL or Path rule. You can find out more about this rule here: https://support.google.com/optimize/answer/6283424?hl=en&ref_topic=6283433