Optimize
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Discover how to select who is eligible to be in your experiment, and when they’re served experiment variations.
Guide Me
star_border

Experiment only viewable on desktop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am setting up a MVT test on Google Optimize, but with the changes I have made to the desktop they are not mobile friendly. I only want these changes to show when my visitors visit via desktop.

I've changed the Targeting > Who > Device category equals desktop, however when I test through the Google Optimize editor, the changes are still viewable through mobile preview.

Am I wrong to worry the changes will still show on mobile?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tari I
July 2017

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Yes, editor and experiment preview will still work for mobile but the experiment will not run.

A way to confirm is this: after you have setup your targeting conditions (i.e. Device category equals desktop), use the preview menu (little monitor in each variation) and copy the "share preview" link.

When you open this link with your desktop browser, you should be able to see the change, but if you open it from a phone, you should be able to confirm that the experiment will not run.

Alternatively, you can just use the simple preview (from the same menu) and use the browser's mobile emulation (in chrome dev tools) to confirm that the experiment will not run.

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also get the same problem. waiting the feedback from other

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tari I
July 2017

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Yes, editor and experiment preview will still work for mobile but the experiment will not run.

A way to confirm is this: after you have setup your targeting conditions (i.e. Device category equals desktop), use the preview menu (little monitor in each variation) and copy the "share preview" link.

When you open this link with your desktop browser, you should be able to see the change, but if you open it from a phone, you should be able to confirm that the experiment will not run.

Alternatively, you can just use the simple preview (from the same menu) and use the browser's mobile emulation (in chrome dev tools) to confirm that the experiment will not run.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks, Dmitris. Seemed to work