Optimize
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Discover how to select who is eligible to be in your experiment, and when they’re served experiment variations.
Guide Me
star_border

100% traffic allocation to single variant

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I sometimes need to send 100% of traffic to a specific variant, but Google Optimize does not let me. This needs to be fixed.

100percent.png

Example use case

In case you need a real world example, let's say the B version of some test is the winner. Great, but it's going to take the Product team 4 weeks to implement that change in the codebase. I want to keep the benefits going in the meantime, so I'll dump all traffic to B until the change has been made.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are in the same boat!  Seems like a minor change that would make the system more flexible for us.  I think GA Optimize product team is not accounting for our use case.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I agree. It could be useful also for landing page creation? I mean, if I have a unique landing page with the title: "Buy the best apples!". Then I want to create a more specific ad "Buy the best green apples!", I could create an experiment and all audience comming from this ad I will send it to a new landing page saying: "Buy the best green apples!". Of course I could ask to the dev team to create a new landing page or using other landing page apps, but this could be a good and cheap alternative.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Set original to 0.1% and the variant to 99.9% - not quite perfect but its the closet you'll get at this moment in time.