5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Get answers to frequently asked questions, read the glossary of testing terminology and explore some example experiment ideas to get the creative juices flowing.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Optimize Page Template

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi folks,

Sure this may have been asked before so apologies in advance as I've not been able to find the answer - and I worry it's a no!

Basically, we're on Shopify and I want to be able to A/B test our product page - but the actual template rather than individual urls. We've got over 20k products so to get it onto enough individual urls to generate the numbers we need to make a decision would take an age!

Thanks in advance

Ed

1 Expert replyverified_user

Optimize Page Template

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi

Yes, this is easy

Just use one of your product URLs as the "experiment URL" to specify the changes that you want to do in the Optimize editor.

Then go back in the targeting tab of the experiment details page and change the default targeting rule from "URL matches <your product URL>" to "URL regexp <regex path>" and use a regular expression that will match the URLs of all the products.

Alternatively you can also use "Path" and even simpler operators like "starts with" or contains, i.e. "Path starts with /product".

You can use the "preview" functionality to make sure that things work OK - in the preview tab, navigate to multiple product pages to make sure that changes are always applied correctly.