Optimize
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get answers to frequently asked questions, read the glossary of testing terminology and explore some example experiment ideas to get the creative juices flowing.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Optimize and the existing Experiments API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all

Great to see Optimize being launched.

We've spent a bit of effort lately implementing our own A/B testing functionality (for websites) using the existing Experiments suite and its API

I'd like to know more about the following:

- How does the new Optimize overlap with the existing Experiments product?

- Will we see an Optimize API? If so when, and will it resemble that of Experiments?

- With a bit of time perspective, will Optimize take over for Experiments? Or will Experiments continue to be maintained?

Thanks in advance for all input

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just started seeing an notification in my Analytics dashboard with the following message:

Google Optimize is the free, preferred way to run experiments. Analytics Content Experiments remain available but are being deprecated in the future. Learn more about Optimize.

Like you, my company is using the cxApi of experiments, so the fact that there is not a documented migration path for the existing product and I'm already getting a deprecation notice is somewhat surprising to me. I really hope that they complete the optimize api to have parity with the experiments cxAPI functionality.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

> I really hope that they complete the optimize api to have parity with the experiments cxAPI functionality.

Yes, I very much agree. The APIs must align, and if not, at the very least I hope the lifespan of the APIs will overlap and that we're given a migration guide well in time of the deprecation.