Optimize
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Get answers to frequently asked questions, read the glossary of testing terminology and explore some example experiment ideas to get the creative juices flowing.
Guide Me
star_border

Create a goal in the “Master Profile” for the website to match the following pages: www.mysite.com/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Im trying my hand at Google Analytics for the first time ever. Would be interested in getting my questions answered here.

Following is one of the tasks in the google Analytics certification course:

Create a goal in the “Master Profile” for the website to match the following pages:
1. www.mysite.com/thankyou/shoes
2. www.mysite.com/thankyou/shirt
3. www.mysite.com/thankyou

My answer: Under the 'Destination' head it should be "equal to" for all the three respectively, because if I select "begins with /thankyou" for all the three options, wouldn't it be double counting?

Please help!

Regards

Ishan

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Jason O (Community Manager)
November 2016

Create a goal in the “Master Profile” for the website to match the following pages: www.mysite.com/

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

"Begins with" = "/thankyou" is sufficient. Goals can only be recorded once per session, so you would not be double counting if a user reaches two or more of those pages within a single session.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my web cannot find in search engine