Optimize
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Understand the information in your Optimize reports and in your Google Analytics reports.
Guide Me
star_border
Reply

No results for redirect test

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

When using A/B testing, everything works fine.

When using redirect testing, the experiment is running but nothing is reported back.

 

What might be the cause for such behavior?

No results for redirect test

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Having the same issue, could really use an answer

No results for redirect test

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Anyone else facing the same issue?

No results for redirect test

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Only thing I've been able to find is that we need to change the events that the goals are created from to click events, rather than destination (which is how mine are set), but that really doesn't work for my need... 

No results for redirect test

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Exact same problem here, I can see active visitors in Optimize and I can also see people being redirected to the two different pages in real-time analytics but there is no session data in the Experiment.

 

FYI I am sending 100% Adwords traffic

No results for redirect test

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

yikes, no answers...Im having a similar problem with the adwords portion of my experiment traffic...I suspect it has something to do with Optimize somehow blocking/dropping the gclid parameter but I don't know how to confirm and/or resolve this 

No results for redirect test

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is a 12 hour delay as data is process by analytics and then to Optimize. Also, I found creating a separate view in Analytics strictly for Optimize has been working for me.

No results for redirect test

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Grey Q wrote:

yikes, no answers...Im having a similar problem with the adwords portion of my experiment traffic...I suspect it has something to do with Optimize somehow blocking/dropping the gclid parameter but I don't know how to confirm and/or resolve this 



Optimize will drop any query strings on a redirect. What I ended up doing was writing a bit of JS that created session cookies from our designated query strings, including gclid. And then telling our form to grab the value of those cookies and replace the value of their respective hidden fields. Our gclid has the standard 90 day cookie length.

No results for redirect test

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I think it's a shame that a month later, still no comment from Google.