Optimize
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand the information in your Optimize reports and in your Google Analytics reports.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Optimize Not Capturing All Sessions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been running an experiment for 12 days and have seen at least 458 sessions come through in GA but Google Optimize is only reporting 80 sessions. Has anyone experienced the same issues/ found a solution?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was seeing something similar, though over less days, and what I ended up doing and seems to be working better/correctly so far is I created a new view in my Analytics account strictly for Optimize, recreated the goals I want to track in there and connected my experiments to the new view. Things seem to be working better since it has virtually no filtering other than internal company traffic in the new view.

Hope that helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This wouldn't account for such a big discrepancy, but I noticed when I set up an experiment just for the homepage, the correlation is roughly between GA unique page views and Optimize sessions.

If you're intending to be testing across a wide variety of URLs, did you test that the targeting rule you've set up in Optimize is triggered by all of the URLs? (in Details > Configuration > Targeting, I think you can only test this before starting an experiment, you could test with a copy)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am seeing similar issues. Experiment is running for last three days. While GA shows first day sessions around 50. Experiments data shows 25 for last three days. 

Does it take time to collect all session in experiments or experiments in GA does not show all sessions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There

I'm also facing similar issue. My experiment data is showing less number of sessions than the actual number. Its been 3 days since i started the experiment but the number of sessions recorded everyday are way less than the actual traffic (approx. 1/10th of the actual sessions). Please suggest what can be done.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also seeing a large discrepancy.  Over 3 weeks I only have 146 experiment sessions but 323 sessions on the page.  If anybody knows what is going on, that would be great. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I able to resolve the issue.

I created optimize tag in GTM and using gtm method to add code on page but i was using optimize value instead of gtm value in optimize code.

Here is code i am using

<!-- Page hiding snippet (recommended) -->
  <style>.async-hide { opacity: 0 !important} </style>
  <script>(function(a,s,y,n,c,h,i,d,e){s.className+=' '+y;h.start=1*new Date;
  h.end=i=function(){s.className=s.className.replace(RegExp(' ?'+y),'')};
  (a[n]=a[n]||[]).hide=h;setTimeout(function(){i();h.end=null},c);h.timeout=c;
  })(window,document.documentElement,'async-hide','dataLayer',4000,
  {'GTM-123456':true});</script>
  <!-- End Google Optimize -->
  <script>(function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start':
  new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],
  j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'?'&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src=
  'https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f);
  })(window,document,'script','dataLayer','GTM-123456');</script>

Use same gtm value at both place in code.