Optimize
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand the information in your Optimize reports and in your Google Analytics reports.
Guide Me
star_border

Experiment session doesn't match GA Visits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I started a very simple A/B test on the home page, almost a month ago.

# of experiment sessions is 218 even if I have on average I have at least 100 visits per day landing on the home page.

I checked the targeting and it's very basic: I target 100% of visits and split 50/50 over the 2 pages.

Why experiment sessions are so different from the GA visits?

Thank you!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

There is a delay of up to 12 hours between your data in GA and your data in Optimize. Based on what I read, I would just look at results in Optimize only.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Elettra,

This is a common problem when you start the analyze test result.

Googla Analytics has a delay when test is on live.You have to check optimize reporting to control your test.

When you end your experiment,You may see the matches between Google Analyitcs and Google optimize after in 20-24 hours.

You do not need to worry about this.

Bests,

D. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a similar issues even though I'm just missing 5-10 Sessions a day it's still weird. The 1 day data delay from analytics to optimize doesn't explain that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

You will (probably) never see an exact match between the two reports. 

The reason is that data is first sent to GA, then batched and sent to Optimize. When you end your experiment the last batch will never be sent to Optimize Smiley Happy 

"All metrics you see in Optimize are first processed by Analytics and then pushed to Optimize. The push to Optimize can take up to 12 hours. As a result, you will generally see more Experiment Sessions in Analytics than in Optimize. Additionally, when you end an experiment, data accrued between the last push to Optimize and your ending the experiment will not be pushed to Optimize, but will be available in Analytics."