Optimize
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Understand the information in your Optimize reports and in your Google Analytics reports.
Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancy in GA Users & Optimize Sessions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are tracking 100% of users and all pages in optimize, and the discrepancy between the google analytics users vs optimize sessions is 65%, what would be causing such a huge gap? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is a time delay in the connection between Optimize and GA (iirc it refreshes every 12 hours). Are you still experiencing this issue since you posted?

If so, we have the same problem. Let me know if you find a solution and I'll do the same.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're also seeing this same issue. 

Curious if anyone has found an idea as to why it's happening. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same here. first experiment (set on 100%) showed to 60% of all sessions over 2 weeks. Second experiment (set on 100%) showed to less than 10% of all sessions over 3 days.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Are you using the page hiding snippet? (https://support.google.com/360suite/optimize/answer/7100284) The symptoms you describe are consistent with the page hiding snippet timing out for some of your users in which case they will not be exposed to the experiment. It is important to double check your tagging implementation and follow the best practices in order to minimize user perceived latency when using Optimize. More information can be found here: https://support.google.com/360suite/optimize/answer/6262084

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your answer Jim. Unfortunately we are not using the page hiding snippets on our AB tests. Hopefully your answer will solve someone else's issue.