AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Optimize
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand the information in your Optimize reports and in your Google Analytics reports.
Guide Me
star_border

Creating segments from variants

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm interested in accessing a lot more information about the behavior of visitors to each variant. I think that if I could create advanced segments in GA for the variants of my Optimize experiment, then I'd be able to get at the data I want.

Is this possible? If so, how to I do it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Not quite sure what you're after, but it may be easiest to set a customer dimensions (session level at least) based on which variant the user sees. You can then create a segment with the different custom dimensions as a rule.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Maybe you could create a custom segment in GA with a URL based rule (eg url matches <page>. 

This would be pretty easy for a redirect test -- since you know the relevant url's. I'm not sure how you would get the url for an A/B test though.