Optimize
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Understand the information in your Optimize reports and in your Google Analytics reports.
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics reports - New website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently (48 hours ago) published a new website for my wife's business. How long does it take for Analytics to start reporting on it. I tried the real-time report and that is not showing either. 

Maybe I have put the webesite address in wrong, I did not put www. before the address, is that correct? The new website is www.dress2dance.com.au.

Appreciate any response...Smiley Happydress.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @mark b,

I ran a test of your website with Google Tag Assistant and it shows no Analytics tracking code, so something was not done correctly... which is why you still do not have metrics to view. 

Also, once you create the property in the Google Analytics dashboard, you have to actually add the tracking code to the website. This is what Google Tag Assistant checks and validates. 

Please take a look at this help file for your website platform, GoDaddy Website Builder. You should be able to do it with these instructions. GoDaddy support will also do it for you, if needed. I would add the www to your website URL in the Google Analytics dashboard, since that is how your website is structured. Keep everything consistent. 

Kind Regards,

James

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

@J Clemens is on it with great advice. Cheers mate!

One more thing: Website's URL in the view settings doesn't have an impact on the data collection. You'll just need to make sure that your Google Analytics tracking code is implemented properly on your website. I usually prefer using Developer Tools in order to debug Google Analytics implementations.

For me, it seems like there's no Google Analytics tracking code on your site like James already mentioned. Make sure you've used the right tracking code. James already shared a link that should help you as well. Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Taavi