4.6K members online now
Understand the information in your Optimize reports and in your Google Analytics reports.

Guide Me
favorite_border
Highlighted

Can't see conversions in Real Time

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, I was wondering if somebody could just advise me on a real time query in Google Analytics?

I can't see conversions when I have filters selected - 

For example - If I go to Real Time - Traffic Sources - Organic Traffic - - I see the traffic coming through

However, when I go to conversions - with organic traffic selected - I don't see conversions.

This happens with email traffic, cpc and referral traffic too!

My question is, should analytics be reporting these conversions to me or does it not show the conversions in real time when there is a filter?

Just to avoid any answers stating that there may be no conversions happening at all - If I go straight to conversions with no filters selected I'm seeing conversions happening in real time.

Thanks in advance!

Alan

1 Expert replyverified_user

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1638635?hl=en

<<As a result, you'll see traffic and conversions incorrectly attributed to a Source of (direct). You'll only see this in Real-Time reports; in standard reports, traffic and conversions will be attributed correctly.>>

Do like and accept if it helped.

Re: Can't see conversions in Real Time

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi @A T, please refrain from adding a self promotional signature like "Do like and accept if it helped". 

Repeated violation of the Community Guidelines will lead to suspension of your account on the Advertiser Community. Please consider this your final warning. 

Kathleen,

Community Manager

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Sure Kathleen.

I will be careful in future.

Please ignore any old posts that have this signature.

Re: Can't see conversions in Real Time

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Experts in the Topic
KathleenG